Monday, March 30, 2015

3/25

    Today we walked outside for ten minutes and wrote for ten minutes about our ten minute experience with nature.  Here is what I wrote,

Slight chill.  Busy yet not.  The wind makes the trees come alive, like a puppeteer.  Bicyclist more careful than I, about where they are going.  Although I miss the squirrels.  It is around 7 pm, i guess dinner must be fresh from the oven and so that come from playing and working all day.  A lot of random litter.  "Natural Plastic" as described by a classmate.  The sun certainly isn't giving off enough heat, I guess even it knows when it's almost quitting time.  Who wants to put in so much effort when it's almost time to clock out.  Nine people passed me by.  and, a third of which gave me some sort of interaction.  My legs are feeling heavy, probably a sign of me being out of shape.  I wanted to see the ice rink but the rules wouldn't allow me to do so.  Rules... Signs also gives rules.  "Yield to pedestrian traffic" said one sign.  "Do not touch" said another.  And "Emergency" said the last.

That's all I had time to share in ten minutes.

    After we looked at some essays.  We noticed how very detailed they are.  We look at "Mute Dancers: How to Watch a Hummingbird".  Which is a story about.. you guessed it hummingbirds and how fragile their lives are.  The most amazing fact I got it that most hummingbirds die in their sleep, because that can't jump-start their heart from 36 beats per minute to 500 bpm.  We also looked at "An Unspoken Hunger" which was about eating avocados with a friend.  Or so you would think but don't be fooled, like I was, under careful inspection it's really about a relation between two people and maybe a forbidden one.  And lastly we look at "Lenses" about a woman who godly when she was 12 because how she toiled with the lives of microorganisms through a microscope.  But then, when she got old she realizes that her life is just as small as those microorganisms compared to the world.

And the last thing we did was pick a word and write about it.  I chose the number 4, because i'm a rebel.  And here is what I wrote.

   The fourth number.  The number four, or an upside down 'h' is the calculator, has been around since people could count.  Four on the calendar could stand for one of the twelve days of the year or a very special month for me.  At 4 pm the sun is always on the eastern side of the sky, as well as, the moon in the am.  Four or two squared can cut things into a quarter or a fourth when dividing.  Four, one of the easiest number to count to, is after three and before five, just in case you did not know.  Quatre, si, vier, shi/yan, quattro, etc.  Four is referred to in many names.  In the eastern, western, northern and southern parts of the world four has a name.

That's all I had time to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment